Declaration of Interest
To receive any declarations of interest
Election of Chairman for the ensuing year
To sign the Acceptance of Office
Part 1- Public and Press Present
The Chairman will adjourn the meeting to allow questions from members of the public to last no longer than 10 minutes at the start of the meeting and the same at the end. After questions the Chairman will reconvene / conclude the Parish Council meeting.
To approve any apologies for absence
- To approve the minutes held on 26th March 2019
2. To Elect the Vice Chairman for the ensuing year.
- To sign the acceptance of office
3. Register of Interests
- The Clerk to distribute for completion under consideration of the New COC
4. To adopt the Standing Orders
5. To adopt the Financial regulations
6. To adopt the new Code of Conduct
7. To adopt the General Power of Competence for 2019/20
- To approve the Council continues to meet the requirements to exercise the General Power of Competence and no longer needs to use s.137 as a power to spend on certain items.
8. Cranage Business Plan
9. Councillor Responsibilities
- Personnel x 2
- Planning x 3
- Communication – newsletter and website
- Finance and Audit Compliance
- Business Plan Delivery
- Village Hall Representative
- Cranage Bowling Club Representative
- Manchester Airport
- Community Assets
10. Audit and Local Councils in England 2018/19
- To receive the final internal audit report for 2018/19 from the internal auditors Mr G Roberts and note the recommendations and action plan there in.
- To receive and approve section 1 annual governance statement section 2018/19 of the AGAR and that the chairman and Clerk/RFO sign to confirm.
- To receive and approve section 2 – accounting statements 2018/19 and that the chairman sign to confirm approval.
- To approve the public inspection period (Notice of public rights) from Monday 17th June to Friday 26th July 2019 inclusive. All info to be posted on the website and the noticeboards.
11. Grant Fund – Community Clean-up fund
- Council to decide actions from email confirmation circulated
12. Cranage Bowling club lightening
i) Hamilton Electrical services £180.00
ii) CGT Electrical Services - £470.00
iii) Neil Hopley’s Ltd - £564.00
Full Council to approve contractor
13. Unregistered Land behind Deans Cottages
- The Clerk and Cllr R Hurst to report on meeting with Jackie Kirkham on 29th March 2019.
- Full Council to make a resolution on whether to pursue the registration of the land behind Deans Cottage. (email dated 9th April )
- Northwich Road – to resolve next steps in reference to speed reduction. To receive FOI request
- Hard standing outside Cranage Hall Hotel – Chris Hodgkinson - Cllr A Kolker actions.
- Hermitage Bridge – Cllr R Hocknell to report on meeting with HCPC and Council to agree their proposals.
- Gully outside 9 Needham Drive – 3353120
- Cars parking on pavements on Byley Lane –Cllr R Hurst
- Grass cutting
15. Annual Parish Meeting
- Comments/ actions reference public opinions from Councillors
16. Footpaths and Trees Report
- To resolve to accept the report from the Footpath Officer and the Clerk to report on last months.
- Report from a resident ref; footpath by Massey Mill – 3354808
- To follow up previous report from April as circulated
- Footpath Claim – Carver Ave/Byley Lane/Crescent Avenue Ref FPS/R0660/14A/2 – No response to date.
17. Planning Applications
To discuss the following planning applications and any circulated after the agenda publication;
- 19/2183C Boundary Cottage, Twemlow Lane Cranage CW4 8DS – Two storey rear extension to detached cottage in rural area – not in green belt.
- 19/1542C 7 Lawrence Close, Cranage CW4 8FA – proposed single storey extension to existing detached dwelling.
- 19/1746C Sunnyside, Byley lane, Cranage CW10 9LP- Replacement of existing dwelling and ancillary buildings with a single dwelling associated access and parking.
- 19/1732C Allotment Wood, Oak Tree lane, Cranage CW10 9LU – Proposed new agricultural outbuilding for storage to rear garden with two new gated access points to one entrance and one proposed.
- 19/1660C Manor View, Twemlow Lane, cranage CW4 8EX- rear extension and first floor augmentation with associated boundary treatments.
- 19/1224C 29 Needham Drive, Cranage CW4 8FB – first floor rear extension.
- 19/147C Birchways, Kings Lane, Cranage CW10 - single story side extension and single storey rear extension.
18/5051C Land at rear of Cotton Farm, Middlewich Road, Holmes Chapel CW4 7ET – to approve actions due to complaints
18/4329C Rose Bank, Twemlow Lane, Cranage CW4 8EX Construction of one detached dwelling. – to note the appeal APP/R0660/W/19/3224057.
Allotment woods Oak Tree Lane – to acknowledge response from owner.
Goostrey Home and Leisure – to acknowledge owners’ email in reference to planning permission.
Glebe Farm – comments from HCPC in refence the caravans
Sibelco- to acknowledge inspectors report.
18. Adult Fitness Area
· To accept the circulated report
To note the balance of account – Leek United £30,488.46 + Natwest £25,673.34 = £56,161.80
· £234.60 JDH Services Ltd
· £373.32 CHALC Affiliation fee
· £20.00 CCA
· £808.21 Zurich Insurance
· £8.79 Mrs R Hurst
· £229.00 Crewe Colour Printers Ltd
· £82.20 ROSPA Play safety
· Clerks expenses Jan to March
· £809.00 Grant fund Community Clean up
· £10,000.00 Precept CE
Signatures on Natwest Bank Account – to approve the three signatures.
20. Risk Assessment 2018/19
· Full council to approve
21. Cheshire East
To resolve to suspend standing orders to receive a report from any Ward Members present.
22. Chairman’s and members report
· Memorial bench– Cllr R Hurst.
· Bowling Club Clean up – Cllr RH
· Civic Service for the Community – HCPC 23.6.19
· To note the comments in reference change of meeting venue
23. Clerks Report
· Training 2019
· Parish Councillor vacancy
To note the next meeting
· 23rd April 2019 – Annual Parish Meeting