Finance, Budget & Expenditure
The Parish Council is open and transparent about the way it manages its finances. This page contains information on the way the Council protects its finances and what it has spent money on. The Council’s finances are monitored on a day to day basis by the Responsible Financial Officer (Parish Clerk). The Council appoints an internal auditor who assesses the Council’s compliance with relevant legislation and a further audit is carried out by an external auditor appointed by the Audit Commission.
The Parish Council receives the majority of its income through the precept, which is an annual sum of money collected with the Council Tax by Cheshire East Council. The precept is set by the parish council each November. The precept for 2020/21 is £20,000 which is £29.66 for a current Band D Council tax property.
Audit and Annual Review of Accounts
Smaller authorities are required to provide electors with the opportunity to inspect the accounts and other documents fro a period of 30 working days which must include the first 10 working days of July.
The Responsible Financial Officer must on behalf of the smaller authority ensure the following:
- The period for the exercise of public rights commences as soon as reasonably practicable after the date the Accounting Statements is approved:
- The Commencement of the period for the exercise of public right takes place on such a day that the period will include the first 10 working days of July:
- The auditor is notified of the date on which the period was commenced.
- Notice of Conclusion of Audit
Annual Return for the Year Ended 31 March 2018
- External Audit Report and Certificate 2017/18
External Auditor Report and Certificate
Financial Report and Certificate